Sinfonietta – Vidin has been a leading cultural institution in the town of Vidin and the Vidin region for decades. Vidin is located in the northernmost part of North-Western Bulgaria right on the bank of the Danube River.
It is town with a rich historical-cultural heritage and musical traditions.
The orchestra was officially registered as a state organization since 1949 though the first steps towards its creation date back in the early 1910.
The range of activities of the Sinfonietta -Vidin covers the following areas:
- – Various music events in the town of Vidin and the Vidin region
- – Educational concerts and courses of lectures for children
- – International activities – tours in the Netherlands,Austria,Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Macedonia
- -Participation in International Music festifals and competitions such Summer festivals in Spoleto, Como and Crotone (Italy), Danube festival in Ulm (Germany), Sofia Music weeks,Austrian Musik weeks,Sofia Chamber stage, Isidor Bajich piano competition in Novi Sad (Serbia), Music and Earth competition in Sofia
- – Participation in International Master classes for conducting
Sinfonietta -Vidin had performances in many famous European concert halls such a “Concertgebouw”- Amsterdam, ”Victoria Hall” Geneva, ”Music House”-Vienna, “Beethoven Hall”-Stuttgart, “The Hall of Congresses”- Saragossa and many others.
Many famous Bulgarian and foreign musicians – brilliant conductors and soloists whose names are well-known in the musical world have had a pleasure to perform with the Sinfonietta-Vidin.